SMART Linux Features
- Boot UEFI / Legacy BIOS and Intel based Macintosh systems
- SMART Linux will not auto-mount filesystems.
- Booting or attaching evidentiary media is worry free.
SMART Linux is the only distribution that includes the entire suite
of ASR Data tools and allows you to preview, assess, acquire,
authenticate and analyze storage devices, identify and recover deleted
files, search filesystems, index document collections, search raw data,
aggregate and inspect numerous types of metadata, search and carve data
from unallocated space, document your findings, share your results,
enable secure remote acquisition and collaboration and much more.
Why Use SMART Linux?
- SMART Linux is able to withstand the most rigorous technical and legal challenges.
- SMART Linux allows you to spend more time working your cases and less time maintaining your “workhorse” system(s).
- SMART Linux is scalable and requires minimal system resources.
- SMART Linux allows you to leverage your existing infrastructure and deploy a standards based solution in the lab and in the field.
- SMART Linux allows you to interact with your cases securely from virtually any internet connected device, anywhere in the world.
- SMART Linux allows you to deploy a real or virtual, fully configured forensic environment in a few minutes.
- SMART Linux is extensible and customizable, allowing you to install and configure additional tools.
Who uses SMART Linux?
SMART Linux is used by numerous law enforcement and government agencies, the United States Military and Intelligence communities, Forensic Examiners and Private Investigators, E-Discovery, Litigation Support, Compliance Assurance, Information Assurance, Incident Response, Information Security and numerous other disciplines and applications.
Are Training and Support Available?
Training is offered around the world. Additional details may be found HERE.
Additional support options are available. Please call 512-918-9227 to see how we can help support your mission.
This is an image of a fully customized and configured 64bit Operating System Boot Environment. Once downloaded, simply write the file to a PHYSICAL thumb drive, hard drive or SSD, or use it as a virtual disk drive. Installation requires a minimum of ~2GB, making it ideal for a small thumb drive, but you can install it to virtually any device and expand it to use as much or as little space as you’d like, add your own partitions (supports encrypted file systems) and generally configure it any way you like.